IL DIVO ITALIA

I POST DI DAVID

« Older   Newer »
StregaForLove
view post Posted on 7/4/2008, 21:37

Forum: Il Divo Archive Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:03 pm Subject: Post from David's Divas

well i just posted a thank you in the lounge forum, but i thought i would send a special thank you to you the "david's divas"

thank you for all your well wishes for my birthday.

cant stay long as i have a show in an hour or so...

but it was one of the rowdyest birthdays of record for me...so thank you all!!!

david

imageimageimageimageimage

Forum: Question Time Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:22 am Subject: david's page

Hello everybody.

sorry, i have been away for so long, but i have been hard at work building a new addition to the website. there was some trouble integrating it into this site, so it had to be hosted elsewhere.

anyways the site is www.divodavid.com. it is going to be the place where i put my movies and pics that i take on tour of us...and it will have a new feature..."Question of the week" i am starting this thread so you all can go visit the site. then i will be checking the "questions and messages for david" thread. you can ask me/us anything you want, and once a week i will pick one and film the answer...

so there you have it. the site isnt fully up and running yet, but more content will be added all the time...so keep checking back.

sorry to message and run, but i gotta get to the gym before the show.

thanks for everyones continued support, and i hope everybody likes my site.

david

Edited by StregaForLove - 7/4/2008, 23:37

calimera64
view post Posted on 17/10/2008, 21:42

DIRETTAMENTE DAL SITO UFFICIALE '' DIVO DIARY'' POST DI DAVID.

David's Latest Update from New York City
Hi everyone,

Well we're in New York at the moment, just getting started on the first bit of American promo. So far everything has been going absolutely great. We're right down to the wire at the moment tweaking the album to be exactly the way we would want people to hear the music. We've also been working on the accompanying DVD, approving edits, getting everything in the right place so we can go out on promo and show people what we've been doing. We've been travelling around quite a bit, but things will really kick off once we have the official launch in Barcelona, then we won't be home until Christmas. I really enjoy the travelling and seeing so many places. Whenever we get a day off somewhere we always try and plan something, like a game park safari in Africa, or a trip to NASA in Texas, or heading to the beach when we're in Sydney. I think my favourite place has to be Japan though - I love the East in general, but specifically Japan and Japanese culture. I've actually been fascinated with it since Social Studies in Fourth Grade. In fact, I'm in the process of learning Japanese at the moment. I'm up to chapter ten so far, but it kind of takes a while! The CD Rom programmes I learn from are mostly in the English text but I have been teaching myself the three different alphabets too, which is obviously a lot slower. Unfortunately I have no-one here to practice with!

I've also been busy working on a video about the recording of the album. I've been the unofficial videographer of Il Divo since the beginning when we were first signed. It was at the time when everyone started using laptops and I first saw the iMovie software and I thought how funny it would be to film the guys saying, 'hi we're in Switzerland!' or wherever, so I put it together and the guys thought it was good and the record company liked it so it grew like that. I later upgraded to a video camera and some video editing programmes and started teaching myself more stuff, and now I'm up to a Sony Handycam with a built-in hard drive and Final Cut Pro, and I've been putting this new film together and I think it's the best so far. It's all just so much fun, I basically have the camera running all the time. The difficulty is the guys all like the camera and they think it's funny to goof around, which makes it very difficult to find clips that are family-friendly!

Anyway, I should be adding the new video up to the site soon...hope you'll like it!

All the best,

David

fiorecuin
view post Posted on 17/10/2008, 22:02

Ma sapete che è proprio carino David! Sì davvero!

annalisa_85
view post Posted on 17/10/2008, 22:25

Eh già Fiore è proprio bellooooooo!!!! :wub: Omd e ha pure postato.. :) . :D ma non ci capisco granchè però!!!Aiutoooo... image Prima o poi ma devo decidere per un corso accellerato di inglese!!

StregaForLove
view post Posted on 18/10/2008, 00:48

TRANSLATION ....

Ciao a tutti,
Siamo a New York in questo momento, pronti per partire per la prima breve promozione Americana. Finora tutto sta andando assolutamente alla grande. Siamo proprio al traguardo al momento di mettere a punto l’album che deve essere esattamente come noi vogliamo che la gente ascolti la musica. Abbiamo anche lavorato al DVD, che accompagnerà l’album, approvato i testi, messo ogni cosa al posto giusto così possiamo andare in promozione e mostrare alla gente cosa abbiamo fatto. Stiamo viaggiando abbastanza, ma la cosa che darà veramente l’inizio è il lancio ufficiale a Barcellona, poi non saremo a casa fino a Natale. Mi sto realmente divertendo, viaggiare e vedere molti posti. Ogni volta che abbiamo qualche giorno libero, progettiamo sempre qualcosa, come un gioco al parco safari in Africa, o un viaggio alla NASA in Texas, o andare in spiaggia quando eravamo a Sidney. Penso che il mio posto favorito è il Giappone anche se - io amo l’Est in generale, ma specificatamente il Giappone e la cultura giapponese. In realtà sono affascinato sino dagli Studi Sociali fatti nel quarto grado (scuole americane !?!?!!?). Infatti, sono in procinto di studiare il giapponese, sono al capitolo 10 finora, ma è un genere che mi prende un po’! I CD da cui sto imparando, sono per lo più con testo in inglese, ma sto imparando anche 3 diversi alfabeti, e ovviamente è più lento. Purtroppo non ho nessuno con cui esercitarmi!

Sono anche impegnato con il video e per registrare l’album. Ho fatto l’ “ufficioso” cameraman de Il Divo sin dall’inizio. Fu quando ognuno iniziò ad utilizzare il PC e per la prima volta vidi il software per i video e ho pensato quanto sarebbe stato bello filmare i ragazzi dicendo “Ciao, siamo in Svizzera!”, o dovunque, così l’ho portato con me, i ragazzi erano contenti e alla casa discografica piacque l’idea. Successivamente sono passato ad una videocamera e alcuni video che pubblicano programmi ed ho iniziato ad imparare molte cose, e ora ho una Sony-Handycam con un hard drive incorporato e Final Cut Pro, ho messo questo nuovo film insieme e penso che sia il migliore finora. E’ tutto così divertente, io ho la videocamera continuamente funzionante. La difficoltà è che ai ragazzi piace la videocamera e pensano sia divertente gironzolare intorno, il che rende molto difficile trovare videoclip familiari e amichevoli!

Comunque, dovrei aggiungere il nuovo video nel sito presto ... Spero vi piacerà!

David

annalisa_85
view post Posted on 18/10/2008, 09:23

Ciao Mara,grazie tantisssimo per aver postato la traduzione ;) :D ,non vedevo l'ora di capire cosa avesse scritto,grazie tante!!! image image

FunnyVali
view post Posted on 18/10/2008, 18:57

che dolce che è... però cavoli...,. appassionati un pò all'Italia no!!!!!!! image
ma che bello che adess scrivono così tanto ( o almeno di spera continui così.....)
GRAZIE MARETTA PER LA TRANSLATION.... STAI DIVENTANDO BRAVA Nè!!!!!!!!

StregaForLove
view post Posted on 19/10/2008, 07:31

GRACIAS ... TE COMUNQUE CONTROLLA SEMPRE ... CHE OGNI TANTO MI PERDO image

FunnyVali
view post Posted on 19/10/2008, 18:39

don't worry, sei stata bravissima!!!!!!!!!!

annalisa_85
view post Posted on 19/10/2008, 20:10

Ma no che non ti perdi Mara ;) ,traduzione perfetta!!! :B): ;)

Jenny'93
view post Posted on 20/10/2008, 14:38

Oddio!!!!!!! Ha postato!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: è un ragazzo ben predisposto verso l'apprendimento di nuove lingue!!! allora anch'io farò un corso accelleratissimo di giapponese!!! image image
ke carinooooo!!! il mio gigante buono multilingue!! ;) :D :P :woot:

calimera64
view post Posted on 3/11/2008, 13:20

DIVO DIARY

31/10/2008
David Post-launch in Barcelona

Hello there.

Well what can I say, the album launch last night was great!

We were really busy in the run-up to it, as once we'd hit Mexico the promo was pretty much in full swing and we had so much on - one of the days we were going to have off turned into us going on the Oprah Show!

So the only chance we really had to pull it all together was the night before. We were there at the venue until 2am finishing things off - which was entirely our choice as we wanted to make it a good show for everyone. We'd start, and then say 'oh the lights aren't working properly, let's do it again', and then it was 'oh this isn't working, let's start again', until it was right where we wanted it to be. We set the bar very high for ourselves, as we always do. Fortunately we were able to sleep in a bit on the morning of the launch to recharge our batteries.

As it got closer everyone started getting...well, nervous isn't quite the right word for it, more excited. We'd been building up to it for a year and a half, so it was incredibly important to us.

When we arrived the place looked beautiful, the tables were set exquisitely and they all had amazing candelabra centrepieces. We had our final run-through as they were lighting the candles, and we could just tell that it was shaping up to be gorgeous.

The venue was a museum, which, as I understand from Urs, was built for an art exhibition in the 20s and was originally intended to be torn down, but thank goodness they didn't! The interior is just beautiful, filled with amazing columns...I just don't know how to describe it other than beautiful! It was the perfect environment for what we've tried to simulate in our sets over our career.

We had a 35-piece orchestra and some new tracks to present to a very expectant audience - and we delivered very well, if I do say so myself! It was videoed for us so we watched it back afterwards and it looked and sounded great, we were very happy with the whole thing. Everyone seemed really excited too when our world tour for 2009 was also announced...it was a big night indeed!

We've now got a few days off, so I'm going over to Rome to visit my girlfriend, then it's back to London on Tuesday.

Have a great weekend everyone!

David

Jenny'93
view post Posted on 3/11/2008, 15:36

CITAZIONE (calimera64 @ 3/11/2008, 13:20)
DIVO DIARY

31/10/2008
David Post-launch in Barcelona
(IMG:http://ildivo.com/bin/galImg/siteFiles/51194b4b84.jpg)

Hello there.

Well what can I say, the album launch last night was great!

We were really busy in the run-up to it, as once we'd hit Mexico the promo was pretty much in full swing and we had so much on - one of the days we were going to have off turned into us going on the Oprah Show!

So the only chance we really had to pull it all together was the night before. We were there at the venue until 2am finishing things off - which was entirely our choice as we wanted to make it a good show for everyone. We'd start, and then say 'oh the lights aren't working properly, let's do it again', and then it was 'oh this isn't working, let's start again', until it was right where we wanted it to be. We set the bar very high for ourselves, as we always do. Fortunately we were able to sleep in a bit on the morning of the launch to recharge our batteries.

As it got closer everyone started getting...well, nervous isn't quite the right word for it, more excited. We'd been building up to it for a year and a half, so it was incredibly important to us.

When we arrived the place looked beautiful, the tables were set exquisitely and they all had amazing candelabra centrepieces. We had our final run-through as they were lighting the candles, and we could just tell that it was shaping up to be gorgeous.

The venue was a museum, which, as I understand from Urs, was built for an art exhibition in the 20s and was originally intended to be torn down, but thank goodness they didn't! The interior is just beautiful, filled with amazing columns...I just don't know how to describe it other than beautiful! It was the perfect environment for what we've tried to simulate in our sets over our career.

We had a 35-piece orchestra and some new tracks to present to a very expectant audience - and we delivered very well, if I do say so myself! It was videoed for us so we watched it back afterwards and it looked and sounded great, we were very happy with the whole thing. Everyone seemed really excited too when our world tour for 2009 was also announced...it was a big night indeed!

We've now got a few days off, so I'm going over to Rome to visit my girlfriend, then it's back to London on Tuesday.

Have a great weekend everyone!

David

Questa è la mia traduzione...spero vada bene!! ;)

Ciao a tutti.
Bene,come voi sapete il lancio dell’album la scorsa notte è stato bello. Siamo stati molto impegnati nella registrazione dell’album come era accaduto tempo fa in messico che è stato il primo svolgimento del promo e su questo abbiamo avuto molto-uno di questi giorni torneremo ad essere ospiti in “Oprah Show”.

L’unica chance che abbiamo avuto veramente tutti insieme nel lanciarlo è stata la notte passata. Noi siamo stati lì fino alle due finchè tutto non si è concluso- cosa che è stata decisa da noi come quella di rendere uno spettacolo gradevole a tutti voi. Quando abbiamo iniziato, dopo abbiamo detto “Oh,le luci non funzionano correttamente,forza proviamo di nuovo”e poi abbiamo detto“Oh questo non è lavoro,cominciamo di nuovo”fino a quando non erano dove volevamo che fossero.
Abbiamo sistemato la barra (penso si riferisca alle luci)più alta rispetto a noi,come abbiamo sempre fatto.
Fortunatamente noi siamo capaci di dormire la mattina durante il pranzo per ricaricare le nostre batterie.

Quando abbiamo iniziato per ottenere tutto questo per definire il nostro sistema nervoso la parola ideale era eccitati. Abbiamo iniziato a costruire questo anno per anno e a metà, ciò è stato molto importante per noi.
Quando siamo arrivati sul posto abbiamo notato che era molto bello, i tavoli erano sistemati perfettamente, e tutti i candelabri a centrotavola . Noi abbiamo iniziato appena hanno acceso le candele, e noi abbiamo iniziato a raccontare la nostra trasformazione fino a diventare quelli che siamo.
La sede era un museo,che come,aveva capito Urs,venne costruita per una mostra d’arte nel 20° secolo ma originariamente destinato ad essere abbattuto,ma grazie alla bontà non è andata così!
L’interno è a dir poco stupendo riempito da meravigliose colonne … Io adesso non saprei descrivere in altro modo queste meravigliose bellezze. E 'stato un ambiente perfetto per ciò che abbiamo cercato di simulare nella nostra serie nella nostra carriera.
Noi avevamo 35 pezzi d’orchestra e qualche nuova traccia da presentare al pubblico in attesa e noi li abbiamo eseguiti molto bene,come dico a me stesso!
E’ stato registrato e poi noi lo abbiamo rivisto,ed eravamo veramente felici della nostra esibizione. Tutti sembravamo molto emozionati soprattutto quando hanno annunciato il tour del 2009…è stata una notte emozionante!
Adesso ci siamo fermati per qualche giorno,così andrò a visitare Roma con la mia ragazza,dopo tornerò a Londra Giovedì.

A tutti un buon weekend.
DAVID

annalisa_85
view post Posted on 3/11/2008, 15:57

Wow....David "Patatoso" ha postato image ,che bellissssssimo,tenerissimo image !!!!Grazie Anto per il post e soprattutto grazie tantissimo a Jenny per la traduzione!!! image image

calimera64
view post Posted on 3/11/2008, 16:40

AZZZZZZZZZZ DAVID A ROMAAAAAAAAAAAAAA???????????

30 replies since 7/4/2008, 21:37   509 views