IL DIVO ITALIA

Il Divo trova la formula giusta...., Special article to the RGJ....

« Older   Newer »
InnamorataDellaMusica
view post Posted on 4/8/2009, 12:42

Trovato sul sitone....questo è il link dell'articolo...c'è un solo commento che andrebbe censurato....
http://www.rgj.com/article/20090716/NEWS/90716074/1321/NEWS...
Lo sto già traducendo!!!! ;)

Il Divo finds the right formula
By Neil Baron
Special to the RGJ

Many people have had trouble grasping what it is that Il Divo does. That hasn’t stopped the four-man international singing group from selling more than 25 million records in its short five-year history.

Still, many people don’t get it.

“We’ve been perceived as a classical group because we lend our operatic techniques to pop songs,” said David Miller, the group’s only American, of a recent European tour. “Many people expected a classical concert. So they were quite reserved, quite cold and quite confused. We were walking around stage and not doing anything from a classical repertoire.”

However, as the group continues to tour behind its late 2008 release, “The Promise,” more people know what to expect at an Il Divo show.

“Now we get a much more appropriate response,” Miller said recently by phone. “This is a pop show. This is a place to relax and have a good time. We’re not wearing tuxedos (they are dressed in tailor-made Giorgio Armani suits, though) and we’re not just park-and-bark (standing still) as they say in the opera world.”

Miller said he understands the fans’ confusion. He felt it, too.

“It was very bizarre at first because my background is strictly opera,” he said. “That’s where you wait until the music is finished to show your appreciation and clap. It took me awhile to get used to not hiding behind a character and being myself on stage. I also had to get used to the fact that some people were screaming not necessarily because of my interpretation of the music, but that they just find me cute.”

The words “sizzling hot” would trump “cute” at a recent show in Mexico.

“Wow! People got into a frenzy about it,” Miller said. “It was like ‘Il Divo is coming! Il Divo is coming! Oh my God! (Miller pants on phone for effect). Il Divo is coming!’ It was so frenetic that when we actually came on stage, they couldn’t turn it off. They kept screaming, even during the songs to where we couldn’t hear our own PA systems to make sure we were in tune. That was a little distracting, but they sure had a good time. And we have the most fun when they (fans) have the most fun.”

Who Are Il Divo?

Il Divo is the brainchild of reality TV star and music manager Simon Cowell. Inspired by the sounds of classical music blended with lyrics, Cowell went on an international search for a group that could fulfill his vision. Those four diverse performers became Spanish opera and baritone star Carlos Marin; classically trained tenors Urs Buhler of Switzerland and Miller of the U.S.; and pop singer Sebastien Izambard.

“It was basically an arranged marriage,” Miller said. “In the opera world that’s quite normal. When you walk in, you often don’t know your co-star. But you have a respect because they obviously wouldn’t be there if they didn’t have something to offer. From there, it’s everybody trying to pull together to create the music.”

Il Divo has been called in its own press release “The Jonas Brothers for the Moms” because fans often lavish the group with gifts such as flowers, chocolates, paintings, even a fully-framed etching in copper.

“People go through a lot of effort to make these things, so I see that comparison with the Jonas Brothers,” Miller said. “I like to throw it back to an earlier age. I like to think we’re more of an ‘opera-ish’ Rat Pack sort of thing. They basically came together, performed together, but they had their own careers and aims and goals with their music and voices. It’s similar to what we’re doing. We have our own personalities and techniques. But when you bring it all together for the singular purpose of being Il Divo, something magical happens. It’s very slight and subtle, but when the four of us sing together, the sound is greater than the sum of the parts. The energy really goes up a notch.

Breaking through to the other side

By 2008, Il Divo had released four albums — one a Christmas album — two books and two DVDs in three years. That doesn’t include touring 2006 with Barbra Streisand and its own headlining tours in Europe. Clearly, it was time for a break in 2008.

“We were over-saturating ourselves,” Miller said. “We had to take everybody’s head out of it for a while and come back fresh.”

The group did in November with its fifth CD, “The Promise.”

“I refer to it as our gateway album,” Miller said. “Our first album was an experiment. Our next two we were refining our sound. On ‘The Promise’ we came back with a schizophrenic playlist that includes Abba, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Amazing Grace, Leonard Cohen. We took these songs and we reached out to them and tried to bring them into our universe. As long as we stay authentic to ourselves and the music, we found we can go in lots of directions. It shows us going forward we can really expand on what we’ve done and make it work.”

Il Divo will have plenty of chances to make it work as it embarks on a yearlong tour that takes it to 81 cities in 32 countries.

“This will be a fun tour,” Miller said. “We’re more comfortable with each other than ever. We’re juggling four distinct voices and now that we’ve put it all together and learned from each other, it’s never been better.”

NellaSirenForever
view post Posted on 4/8/2009, 17:10

Il Divo è stato chiamato nel suo comunicato stampa "I Jonas Brothers per le mamme", perché spesso i fan del gruppo, con sontuosi regali come fiori, cioccolatini, dipinti, anche completamente inquadrata incisione in rame.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
....Fiorenza...stara' forse parlando del tuo quadro????

fiorecuin
view post Posted on 4/8/2009, 17:54

CITAZIONE (NellaSirenForever @ 4/8/2009, 18:10)
Il Divo è stato chiamato nel suo comunicato stampa "I Jonas Brothers per le mamme", perché spesso i fan del gruppo, con sontuosi regali come fiori, cioccolatini, dipinti, anche completamente inquadrata incisione in rame.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
....Fiorenza...stara' forse parlando del tuo quadro????

AHHHHHHHH....OMUUUUUUU.....DICIIIIIII???????? Da sballo totale.......SDENGGGGGGG........

StregaPerAmore
view post Posted on 4/8/2009, 18:40

OMUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU ... FIORE CHE BELLO ... SICURAMENTE SARA' IL TUO REGALO ... E QUALE SE NO .... SONO FELICISSIMA .... COMPLIMENTI image

Cuicani
view post Posted on 4/8/2009, 18:43

QUOTE (NellaSirenForever @ 4/8/2009, 11:10)
Il Divo è stato chiamato nel suo comunicato stampa "I Jonas Brothers per le mamme"

**ROTFL** hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! ma io non sono mamma! hahahaha <_<

The words “sizzling hot” would trump “cute” at a recent show in Mexico.

“Wow! People got into a frenzy about it,” Miller said. “It was like ‘Il Divo is coming! Il Divo is coming! Oh my God! (Miller pants on phone for effect). Il Divo is coming!’ It was so frenetic that when we actually came on stage, they couldn’t turn it off. They kept screaming, even during the songs to where we couldn’t hear our own PA systems to make sure we were in tune. That was a little distracting, but they sure had a good time.

ooooooooh yes! of course we did.... :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

“Wow! People got into a frenzy about it,” Miller said. “It was like ‘Il Divo is coming! Il Divo is coming! Oh my God! (Miller pants on phone for effect). Il Divo is coming!’

:wub: :wub: vi ricordate ragazze?

(solo spero che David non ci stia prendendo in giro) :unsure:

che bello articolo Eli, grazieeeeeeeee :lol: :lol:

4 replies since 4/8/2009, 12:42   111 views